Drafted since 2012-06-01
I have asked the Lord how we should restore our original Christian walk if we have strayed and have unseen idols of Balaam creeping into our prayers. I have also asked the Lord what we should do in a mature mind to view our Christian walk. Some people will just let go in a pitiful state, and just leave each day to God. Some people will cry to God but have no answer, so they return back to their powerless state. In summary, the answers I receive are
1) Never let go of the original belief even if you cannot do so or cannot see it happening in your life, just because it is the truth. Repent daily at evening time so that you may be cleansed of any compromising spirit from a day in the world. If you found the wrong peace through compromising faith, the original voice of God will come and lead you back if you have this uprightness. The more we do this, the more we will be sanctified, and staying in the earthly world will only cause us to grow further in the Lord. This is not something to be done out of courage, but it is because the problem is at the root, and this problem is the vicious one. It has to be removed.
2) Proceed to know the blueprint / timetable that starts from the original belief and do not be accused. You will know where you are standing in the timetable. Know by logic, rationale and education the timetable from the church leaders, the bible, the history of churches in progressive parallelism, and from people around you. Also learn the correct original belief that should be in place by discovering the unseen idols and immorality that you have compromised. It is in everyone. Format the word of God and equip it by looking it down into your heart. Carve it in your heart by confirming till the heart resonates with the word naturally. Expose it with the light of Jesus. This is the Holy Spirit. God never leads His people backwards. If one door closes, there must be other doors for you to attend to. God never loses His face. We may not know tomorrow, but it is absolute (seen from the whole bible and the history that He leads) that great and unsearchable things will be shown to those who believe, revere and love the Lord.
3) Love your own timetable right now. Continue to do what you have been doing. Change nothing. There is a definite to test and approve from spirit to heart to actions <Romans 12:1>. Without which, God cannot accomplish anything. Then after you have obeyed the Lord, test and approve your mind, that you may renew it <Romans 12:2>. Don’t grumble, complain or ask people for approval. You have to be practical. Face God yourself. He is guiding repeatedly, but He is also guiding progressively. In fact, the person who knows Emmanuel does not look so much to a new timetable or a change of conditions. He loves his timetable and God is pleased to lead him wherever he goes. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight <Pro 3:5-6>. In all things that you meet, take that as lessons of the heart. The greatest blessing is not a better blessedness, but it when you can see that the Lord loves you and you can say with confidence that you love God at that point in time right now.
Php 3:16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
Ro 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.
4) At the end of everything, it is about Love. This impression is carved into my heart forever from one day onwards. When I was about between 7-8 years old, I saw TV dramas vividly about after life in hell. At around the same time, I studied and forced Science into me since Primary school that there is no afterlife. Yet in my heart, visions came upon me that seem to tell me that the mind (soul) of man cannot just die off. It was very clear, but I was not upright, and just rejected the simple. When I was about 12 years old, I attended a camp where I saw people crying because of being touched by love of God the Father. I was happy that I was wrong all along because I found love. When I was about 14 years old, I went to a LTC camp by Campus Crusade for Christ. There was an underground church game, I was made a pastor; nobody told me I wasn’t to renounce my faith, I renounced the faith anyway. But deep in my heart, I renounced faith so that this pastoral leadership can be given to another member in my church, so that the gospel can continue to the next generation. It was a painful experience being labelled unfaithful stereotyped. At the end of the camp, there was a pastor I remembered so vividly. When he spoke, he had an amazing expression that He knew God very personally. He spoke, “At the end of the day, do you have love?.. At the end of the day, love God and love your neighbours as yourself.” Campus Crusade is well-known for their evangelism-driven purpose, so much so it was sometimes unfeeling whether they cared for ministry or cared for souls. This pastor left in me the deepest impression ever. And I discover that all throughout my Christian walk, “love” is not something you like so that you want to propagate it. “Love” comes in a greater measure to those who have held to a greater measure of righteousness. It is much greater and better appreciated to those who have held on to the laws of God and have received a greater measure of accusations than others, and to those who have died. At the end of the day, do I live my family life, do I attend church, and do I participate in the camp for my own blessedness, or is it to love the little children or small sheep? At the end, we are meeting up with brethrens all over our Christ Life Churches. They all have Christ in their lives. Aren’t they the purpose of my living? Sacrificing one small self, fulfilling the great myself – the church – this kind of love is Christ’s love. This love is the love of a missionary. The love of a missionary goes down to understand a person. When I am able to find myself naturally and sincerely loving, and I know that my heart is filled with more love than before, you will feel immensely thankful to the Lord that He has sanctified you. Nothing and no one can take away what you have been sanctified, and this is the power shown through love.
The following are the manifestation of love and relationships.
5) Remaining down-to-earth through living with church brothers and sisters. No one answer is correct unless what you experienced in the Lord is applicable to the brethrens around you. If your heart has peace through your prayers with the Lord, do not be totally satisfied by it. The experience and answers that you have received, take them into the fields of the church brothers and sisters. If in your heart, only you can “get it” but not them, then you know that you are in your own world already, i.e. your “answer” that only you understand isn’t really practical. Of course, you have to see their timetable, but you cannot always treat your brothers and sisters as “not always getting it”. If you continue in it, the spirit of despising brothers and sisters slowly form up in you. The Holy Spirit always reminds me to go back to Relay Prayer Topics, Prayer Meeting contents, and news of brothers and sisters. They make me practical and down-to-earth. Brethrens are the ones who are your anchor, who support you as neighbours in times of need. When you live together with brethrens, their recommendations often are the most relevant and non-coincidentally the best blessings that can bring to your family. Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you as well <Mt 6:33>. In fact, this things added to you pleases the Lord most if they come from assistance from brethrens. Brethrens are made in God’s perfect will to grow the church.
6) Grasping the era by expanding contacts with regional and overseas brethrens. The love for brethrens or for a family can grow until a certain degree, unless it begins to try to understand another brethren from another culture. This is a missionary love. A love will become selfish if it continues to care only for an enclosed family or church. There was once I went China. The things in China are cheap to a local Singaporean like me. We buy things with less of a thought. With an accompanying sister who earned her salary in China, once, we asked if she needed any drinks. She walked into a store, but took a simple mineral water drink and walked out, thinking everything was just normal. We were travelling together as coworkers in a mission trip. However, that really caused me to think more sensitively, “Am I willing to become like a China person drawing the same salary just so that she can feel at more ease with me, so that I can really minister to her out of love, and she can really feel the love of a shepherd, not a teacher?” This camp, we will meet many brethrens overseas. Humans have a tendency to just say “Hi and Bye” to a foreigner, and not care much more because we have many of our family and brethrens to take care already. However, if the Lord has led me to know some of their problems, and if they are led to share to me their needs of gospel answers in their own situations, this camp should be one to pray to intercede for them rather than just knowing them. By knowing another culture deeply, we will then understand the love of Christ, Who, out of 33 years, was willing to spend the first 30 years becoming one like man, being filial to His earthly parents and teaching/setting an example for His younger earthly brothers as the eldest brother in the family, and working in the Israel society at that time as a carpenter. We will then understand how hard it is for Him to show the Agape love more than the Storge love to His mother and brothers waiting outside for acknowledgment, when He said, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” <Mt 12:46-50>. And we will then understand the love when He stretched out His hands on the cross and said, “Forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing”. And we will then finally understand why He has to resurrect in order to give the Holy Spirit, so that His disciples can do greater things than what He did <John 14:12>.
7) Coworkers. I can see very good coworkers appearing in my life. At the end of the book of James, “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” <James 5:16>. I yearn for the day this could come not by reluctance, but through willingness. This is the best kind of love that can be shown on earth. It is the love between coworkers sharing one same vision, one pursuit and one perspective in Christ. No quarrels or differences can ever divide them, because they love by knowing and trust in depth. I cannot describe the utter joy of this, but this is shown hidden in this verse, the heart of Christ “Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.” <Col 1:24>. This is written by Paul, but what do you think Christ must have thought? Jesus would have agreed wholeheartedly that Paul was Christ’s coworker filling up in his flesh what is lacking in Christ’s sufferings for the elect. This is why Paul, Christ’s coworker, can write in such a depth about Christ in the book of Colossians as if knowing him from the creation of the world till the fullness of Christ in a person’s 7 fields. This type of “turning a sinner from error” covers over a multitude of sins!
James 5:20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.
May the Lord touch us greatly in the camp!